Wednesday, May 20, 2009

That's a silly name...

..Yes, Fights and Tights is a silly name for a blog, ain't it? But then again, what would you expect from a guy who calls himself the Phoenix King? Ten points to your House if you can figure out that reference. Devin Smith is my real name, but I like the Phoenix King better as an online moniker. Now that I've finally gotten off my lazy ass to post something, what the hell is this blog about?

During my final year of an undergraduate degree at Trent University, I wrote and ran a comic-book topic program under the same name for Trent Radio 92.7 FM. It was a fun little half-hour every week, and besides giving me some experience in the radio business, it also gave me a chance to express my feelings and opinions on comic book-related topics and issues in a medium beyond simple forum posts on CBR and Newsarama. So that is what the Fights and Tights Blog is all about; comic book reviews, debates, opinion pieces and other such rampant venting, alongside bits of liberal politics, science fiction and fantasy stuff, fanfiction works and whatever else catches my fancy or grinds my gears. Essentially a continuation of my radio show, but with more (potentially) more swearing and calling the Prime Minister a dick. Good times!

So yeah, that's me. Hope you stay and enjoy the ride! If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, I'm always open to them, so feel free to send them to me...

Now then, where to begin...

No comments:

Post a Comment